Creation Care Sermon Contest
September 26, 2009; 4-6pm
1604 NE 50th St, Seattle
Fun Facts About This Year's Finalists:
- They hail from four different regions of the country - demonstrating that faith-based creation care is burgeoning across the U.S.
- Several denominations have influenced their faith journeys—including Lutheran, Catholic, Episcopal, and Baptist—affirming the ecumenical (cross-denominational) work of ecological justice in the church
- The finalists have met the challenge to form a concise, yet meaningful message not to exceed 10 minutes
- Two are ordained clergy and two have advanced degrees in religious studies
- The finalists are comprised of three women and one man
Please join us at the Celebration of St. Francis on September 26, for Earth Ministry's Second Annual Sermon Contest. In addition to the sermon contest, this event will feature music by the University Lutheran worship team, a moving short film from the Irreplaceable Campaign, and a prayer to honor Earth Ministry's eight new and twenty-three existing Greening Congregations.* The event will be followed by a reception featuring local and seasonal hors d'oeuvres and desserts.
*We encourage our Greening Congregations to send representatives from their church who will be asked to stand and be recognized for their accomplishments.
Please join us as we celebrate God's gift of creation!
All contributions made to support the work of Earth Ministry are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Free parking is available at University Lutheran. Overflow parking is available at the lot across from University Christian Church at the southeast corner of NE 50th St and 15th Ave NE (entrance is on 15th).