- taught 59 faith and environment religious education classes in congregations
- presented at 5 major conferences
- inspired hundreds at creation care prayer services for Earth Day and the Gulf oil spill
- provided advice and guidance to green teams in a growing network of 300+ congregations across Washington State and beyond
- promoted the efforts of our 39 Greening Congregations
- trained 37 religious leaders who participated in 14 in-district meetings on climate change with state legislators and members of Congress
- turned out 150 faithful advocates to speak up for the environment at 3 advocacy days
- appeared in the New York Times, USA Today, Charlotte Observer, and Huffington Post
- and much, much more!
Now is the time to make your year end donation; with your help, we can redouble our efforts in the year ahead. We’re updating and improving upon our already-successful Greening Congregations program. We’ll be in Congress and at the state capitol, representing the faith voice – you – on important environmental issues. And we’ll continue to provide leadership on national climate and energy campaigns through our Washington Interfaith Power & Light project.
With Christmas approaching, it is the perfect opportunity to give the gift of Earth Ministry membership to friends or loved ones. All members receive regular updates on our work, invitation to Earth Ministry events, and a one-year subscription to our award-winning quarterly journal, Earth Letter.
Whether you are a current member or a friend who would like to become a supporter, your gift makes a real difference. Please donate here!
Merry Christmas from all of us at Earth Ministry.